Anyone Tried NAC and Vinpocetine at the Same Time?

Discussion in 'Support' started by bmguitar, Mar 22, 2015.

1. bmguitar

bmguitar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2008, 2015, 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma x 3
      Hi everyone,

I had T for 7 years (noise-induced), successfully habituated but was stupid enough to get myself into another noisy place couple of weeks ago, and now I'm experiencing a relapse. This seems a lot louder than when I first had it 7 years ago, so I'm not sure if habituation would be easy this time around (plus other health/life issues!). I've decided to take supplements as an early intervention, and NAC / vinpocetine seem to be talked about quite frequently in this forum. Should I be taking magnesium as well? I'm already taking multi vitamins and B complex, but I don't want to over-dose myself with pills so want to selectively try out the ones that may be more effective than others.

Also trying out DIY ACRN and DIY Vagus Nerve Stim, but not sure if they're working. It's difficult for a hiss T suffer to do anything with frequency matching, so I move the frequencies around and I do sometimes experience residual inhibition.

@jazz Sorry for the tag but you seem to be THE expert in NAC!

May everyone's ringing disappear one day

2. Stink

Stink Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2000
      why would you think nac and vinpocetine together would work? they are different! they don't "enhance" each other!

they are harmless. try nac 6 grams and vinpocetine 40 mg every day and if you have no improvement, continue nac at a daily dose of 1 gram per day. nac protects ears

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bmguitar

bmguitar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2008, 2015, 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma x 3
      @Stink
      Hi, I wouldn't think they would enhance each other, but was wondering if it was safe to use them simultaneously. BTW those dosages seem to be quite higher than what I thought (I was thinking of 600mg x 2 of NAC and 10mg x 2 of vinpocetine daily)!