Anyone Who Has Bipolar II and Tinnitus and Takes Medicine?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, May 27, 2016.

1. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I am wondering if I am bipolar II. I was feeling really good taking Lamictal so much so that I could barely hear my ringing for a few days. I started noticing it Sunday night and it started to bother me.

By Monday I was around 70% healthy.

By Tuesday morning the "floor dropped out" and I became seriously depressed. I was fairly well over the past 2 weeks and been able to function for the past 5 months even if depressed. Not sure what the heck happened. Haven't been this low since December before starting Lamictal. It is very hard to stop focusing on my T.

Any combo that could help? If I didn't have T, I would be okay right now with Klonopin and Lamictal but since I have T, it is hard for me to take focus off it. Kind of like an obsessive thought. I do not want to be "numb" if possible.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Its unbelievable how I went from fantastic and energetic to severely depressed and loss of energy in two days time. The doctor just increased my Lamictal to 300mg on the phone but says this the max dosage for depression. If it doesn't work I will have to augment it with something else. If anyone has a medicine that worked well and helped you deal with T with minimal side effects please share.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Something similar happened to me again about 2 weeks ago but the "floor did not drop out" but this morning I woke up very depressed. Any suggestions for medicines?