Anyone with Sporadic Hemiplegic Migraine (SHM) and Ménière's Disease?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Shaunie, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Shaunie

Shaunie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral infection, Ménière's, Sporadic hemiplegic migraine
      Hello, I used to be a member here a few year back when I just started to suffer with my conditions, over the years we have got some names for what I suffer.

Part of the reason for my tinnitus was a viral infection back in 2014.

Since then I have had a lot of MRI scans and therapy to help me deal with it.
      I have since been ok and managed to keep it under control as my first year I was very depressed and suicidal due to it all.

Now how ever it had upped a gear due to a cold I have but I fear as this happen the last time I had a bad infection and it stayed for good. This time it's pulsating and sounds like some one leaving a lorry engine running in my head. I am used to the ringing and hisses and humming but this is a roar and just turned up this last few days. And a very heavy pressure feeling.

But due to my conditions I am unsure if it's part of a migraine attack as I get bad bouts of tinnitus when that happens and they can last for days have my attacks.

I'd like to know is there is any one else here who also suffers hemiplegic migraine and if you have found any connection between your tinnitus s and them? Mine are serves attacks when happen as I lose all feeling down my left side and become paralysed , I lose my vision too and in incredible pain, all senses go out the window and I can be left confused and very worn out and ill. I have been given medication to help if an attack comes on but sadly there isn't much they found that works for me. Though I have been told not to consume any citrus fruits which does work oddly.

Anyways my point to this post is has anyone else suffer this problem and have tinnitus and how does it affect you, does it get worst when an attack is going to happen? How long do your attacks last and is it a cause if your tinnitus or just apart of the illness?

2. JasonH

JasonH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Dec/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HSV2?
      I have just been infected with HSV2 2 months ago and am having constant tinnitus and occasional headaches now. I’ve never had it before so it’s no coincidence.

I just start Valacyclovir a couple days ago hoping it will help.

Anyone else?