Are Changes in Tinnitus This Early Common?

Discussion in 'Support' started by inque411, Apr 12, 2018.

1. inque411

inque411 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2016, 03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication the first time, loud concert music now
      So I’m into my third week so far and the sound has already changed 3 times at least. The initial initial blare settled into a high-pitched ring after a week that varies in volume (annoying, but liveable) which I took as a good sign, then in the middle of week two I developed a new sound in my right ear (relatively faint), now as of last night there’s an additional tone in my left...this is the loudest so far. It’s to the point where masking is almost impossible and despite trying to manage anxiety I feel like I’m starting over again at day one.

ENT gave the standard answer, audiologist says my hearing is normal. I’ll have to wait 6 months before being referred for the management clinic which I accepted at the time because I thought I could adjust...but with these new sounds 6 months seems like a nightmare.

Are changes this early common? How do I manage 3 different sounds?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      you must have the same management clinic I have :) . It's the exact same thing. They will not accept you before 6 months.

Also, I do have different sounds happening over my time with T and I am a little over 3 months. I am always hoping those changes mean that eventually it will change for the better.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Lasse S

Lasse S Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      My tinnitus has changed a lot since the beginning 3,5 months ago. Started with a low hum in left ear that after a few days changed to higher frequency tonal EEE. Then the right ear started the low hum and soon after it changed to a tonal EEE. Then more and more tonal EEEs came along in both ears. Then after a month it changed again and now all the sounds came from just behind my left ear and sounded like a lot of chrickets. Then after a few more weeks the sounds changed again and now came from all of the back of my head and a week later the sounds changed again and now came from all over my head. It's like there are 100 of sounds sources. Now the sounds change all the time and comes from all over my head and ears and it's 20 times louder than it was in the beginning and constant spikes and I just don't know why :(

• Hug Hug x 3
    4. Layla23
      Bookworm

Layla23 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bars/nightclubs/MRI
      Sounds like mine @Lasse S

I’m three months in of my new constant spikes

5. Lasse S

Lasse S Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I'm sorry, hope it gets better for you some day.
      My tinnitus is still changing a lot, not for the better though. I have so many different noises in my head, it's just crazy.