Are Earplugs Enough for Sports Events and Parties etc?

Discussion in 'Support' started by tweak, Apr 23, 2012.

1. tweak

tweak Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/12
      Hi,
      I have some football games to attend abroad in mid-june and they're already booked and paid for before tinnitus happened. I'm unsure whether my tinnitus is noise induced as it started day after banging my head and my hearing is above average after audiometry tests. But since I got it I have been avoiding loud places just in case and I was at a wedding a few weeks ago and wore ear plugs which seemed to work well. These were the disposable wax types. Would it be ok to go to the football games with the ear plugs, has anyone else got by with ear plugs? I intend to wear them even if tinnitus goes or not in by that time.
      Thanks,
      Sean

2. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      I would now go without hesitation. Going back two years and I don't know if I would have gone, probably not, because tinnitus was still new to me and I was afraid of so much.

I use plugs like this on some noisier sport events/parties, the noise reduction rating is 32dB which is great, sometimes even too much. http://www.iherb.com/Hearos-Ear-Plugs-Ultimate-Softness-Series-8-Pair/10970

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      tweak

tweak Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/12
      Cheers Markku. Thats good to hear, Ill look into those plugs. Its actually 3 games of probably around 50'000 people over ten days with some pub activity also:) I presume these earphones would still be ok?

4. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      I think you'll be fine. You could also take additional earmuffs along in your bag, so if for some reason you'd need additional protection you are able to have double protection (plugs + muffs). That's very extreme though and I think you won't need that, but bringing earmuffs along just in case won't hurt you.