At My Wits' End/Electric Type Brain Sensations

Discussion in 'Support' started by Emster, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Emster

Emster Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I followed the advice of some wise people here and learned what I could, stayed away from tinnitus websites and tried to adjust to life with tinnitus.

Since my initial diagnosis, I have since seen a neurologist who diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. I'm also hypothyroid. So, long story short, the Celexa my neurologist prescribed turned me into my alternate ego with zero feelings. But it quelled the weird feelings / sensations inside my brain.

I was so exhausted on Celexa, I stopped using it.

My energy returned and I was starting to feel like I'm back to my old self. But the old sensations inside my brain returned. These events feel like rushes or blasts of energy or electric current rushing through my brain horizontally at frenetic speed. I can't pinpoint what's causing these episodes.

I've had a CT scan and an MRI without contrast done. Normal results.

Has anyone else felt the rush of frenetic energy or current sensation flow through their brains? They're scary as hell. Celexa makes them stop, but then I'm a frigging zombie.

I'm desperate to hear if this happens to anyone else and what's causing it.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. derpytia
      Pooptoast

derpytia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014 (many increases since then)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Progressive hearing loss / noise / ETD
      I've had this happen but sometimes it feels like more of a tingle for me. I don't have fibromyalgia or any other neuropathic conditions and I've also had a CT scan done and the results were normal. I've noticed that mine usually occur when I'm super stressed out and anxious and then they are followed by a weird back of the neck/headache which I get even without the brain zaps due to stress and anxiety.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hi @Emster -- Of course, I don't know if I experience exactly what you describe, but I'd say it sounds pretty close. I've dealt with it for many years as part of my struggle with ME/CFS, which as you're probably aware, is very similar to fibromyalgia. I do many things to counteract this, including various energy balancing techniques, including various vagus nerve stimulation therapies, such as coffee enemas and cold showers.

I also do things like castor oil packs, and take supplements such as inositol and magnesium to keep my system as calmed down as possible. The combination of these things has taken my frenetic energy episodes from daily to just occasional (as in 1-2x/week for short periods of time). Coffee enemas in paricular help me pull out of them almost immediately. I don't often mention these, as most people don't understand what a strong therapeutic effect it can have, but I at least wanted mention it. -- All the Best!

• Like Like x 1