Becozyme Forte — The Magical Tinnitus Cure Pill?

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by MuffinMan, Jan 28, 2019.

1. MuffinMan
      Alienated

MuffinMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/8/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, started the moment I woke up from a nightmare.
      I had a spike for a week since an emotional shock (finding out girlfriend cheating).

I took Melatonin at night, and Vessel Due F twice a day, something I had stopped before the onset of my tinnitus.

Then I decided to try something different which was prescribed by my brother's ENT (my brother has tinnitus too):
      Becozyme Forte. He says that there's a theory that tinnitus may be caused by lack of B3, and B3 actually has a similar effect to Vessel Due F to blood pressure.

So I took the first pill yesterday morning, my tinnitus stopped completely in the afternoon.

I took my 2nd one today, and it's still gone.

I hope this will go on like this.

I dunno, but if I were you, I would rush and buy Becozyme Forte and try it if you didn't already.

P.S. My tinnitus is 90% of the time is a one-ear tinnitus, on the right ear, sometimes both ears ring.

• Winner Winner x 3
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. annV
      Fine

annV Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown - possibly hereditary
      This is Vitamin B complex and Folic Acid. You are probably experiencing the placebo effect.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Arseny
      Wishful

Arseny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly from problems with blood flow
      There is a study that show that patients with B12 deficiency experienced tinnitus reduction by taking B12.

However group with normal B12 levels didn't experience any reduction.

• Like Like x 2
    4. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      It's possible that your tinnitus is simply due to a deficiency in that particular vitamin, or something along those lines. If your tinnitus is caused by acoustic trauma etc, then a B vitamin will not help. If it did, and things were that simple, then big pharma wouldnt be spending millions for a race to the cure.

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MuffinMan
      Alienated

MuffinMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/8/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:

I am surprised to see a such answer by a fellow T sufferer. :-/ , do you really have Tinnitus?

The placebo effect is pseudo science, it's not real in most cases - and let's not overestimate the 'power of the mind' .

No it is not just in my mind, I really was hearing a kettle sniffle for a week, and now it just disappeared.

• Agree Agree x 4
    6. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      noop.

not saying this won't help but that's not the cause.

• Like Like x 2
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MuffinMan
      Alienated

MuffinMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/8/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      • Like Like x 3
    8. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MuffinMan
      Alienated

MuffinMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/8/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I hope I didn't sound bit rude here, you're probably stronger than me Ms. AnnV.

10. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      the fact that you don't think the placebo effect is "real" while also falling victim to it is pretty ironic

depletion of b vitamins may be a contributing factor to tinnitus onset (demyelination, generally worse excitotoxic response to damaging stimulus); this is very different than suggesting that taking tons of b-vitamins after the damage is done will fix it. (The data there is quite available, and the answer is "no, excluding people with a serious untreated vitamin deficiency)

Even if B complex + folic acid is a miracle pill for some tiny subset of the population, there's no reason to take this supplement -- it's both overpriced (compare the cost per tablet vs making your own from these widely available ingrediants), and contains low quality ingrediants (Cyanocobalamin is probably not a form of B12 you want to be taking -- https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/methylcobalamin-vs-cyanocobalamin#bioavailability , https://www.justvitamins.co.uk/blog/cyanocobalamin-versus-methylcobalamin/#.XE9mN89Ki8E )

lol that study definitely does not say what OP is trying to claim it does. the same person who completely discounts the placebo effect doesn't understand the difference between correlation and causation; shocking.

edit: all that said, @MuffinMan , whatever is going on for you, I am happy you're getting some peace and quiet, and certainly hope it lasts, even if we agree on very little else. Apologies for the dripping snark, but it's my main communication medium, and does not in any way imply any ill wishes. If folic acid and b3 had cured my tinnitus when I tried the same thing 10 years ago, I woulda been overjoyed ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MuffinMan
      Alienated

MuffinMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/8/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'll just leave that:
      https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-placebo-myth/
      https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23250230

The placebo effect is largely being exaggerated in the media. It does not really make the mind to "heal" the body.

And you are assuming too much when you say that I am "falling victim for it", Tinnitus is not an 'imaginary sound', it was a sound that I could hear very clearly and annoyingly in my ear and right now I am not hearing it, as simple as that , there 's no deceptive "mind powers" in the whole story - I wasn't even hoping it to stop when I first took the pill.

I don't believe in mind powers.

I don't believe in the Karma that you believe in

I don't even believe in Spirituality or gods.

My atheist mind is simple: When I hear a constant sound in my ear = Tinnitus, when I don't hear it = No Tinnitus now.

As simple as that.

Maybe its stop was a coincidence and not the B3 pill, hence the question mark in my thread's title.

One of the reasons why Tinnitus isn't taken seriously are assumptions like that, linking Tinnitus to border mental insanity, this does not help, it is not so.

And T sufferers are the first who should REALLY stop adopting such assumptions.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    12. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      Uhhhhhhhh..... yea, no, buddy. Sorry, but the placebo effect is a very well documented phenomena, and every pharmaceutical company that is running trials wants to make sure that the benefits of its new drugs are FROM the drug and NOT from the placebo effect.

• Agree Agree x 2
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MuffinMan
      Alienated

MuffinMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/8/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The placebo effect doesn’t work the way you think, it does not heal anything.

It became more like a tradition that remained in usage in medical trials.

In other term, there’s not much difference in effect between those who take the fake pill and those who take nothing.

From Wiki:
      Historically, an influential 1955 study entitled The Powerful Placeboestablished the idea that placebo effects were clinically important,[9] and were a result of the brain's role in physical health, but a 1997 review of the study found "no evidence [...] of any placebo effect in any of the studies cited".[10] Subsequent research has found that placebos are not a useful means of therapy.[11]

Please do your own research.

• Funny Funny x 1
    14. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Of course placebos are "not a useful form of therapy". They're used to differentiate people's tendency to subjectively feel better because they think they are getting a treatment, from people who actually feel better from a real treatment. It's not a dogmatic tradition; you just don't understand how RCTs work.

don't worry guys, this person who doesn't understand why placebo control is a fundamental part of the scientific method, and has an inability to tolerate criticism without resorting to ad-homs or mod reports, is here to save us from our tinnitus with a random and expensive supplement full of low-quality ingredients that has absolutely no data behind it.

WE ARE SAVED! TINNITUS IS SOLVED IN 2019! NEUROMOD GO HOME

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3601706/
      https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/why-are-placebos-important

https://www.amazon.com/Suggestible-You-Curious-Science-Transform/dp/1426217897

Note that @MuffinMan is also taking Melatonin, which, lo and behold, has a limited amount of research suggesting that it can reduce tinnitus:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28966750

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25597877

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MuffinMan
      Alienated

MuffinMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/8/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ^ I don't like the tone you're talking to me, I thought this was a support group yet you are behaving like a jerk. Talking about me in the third person, so disrespectful, it's not acceptable to speak to me like that again.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Funny Funny x 1
    16. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Your tone argument is not going to be taken seriously (by me, anyway) given the flipancy and rudeness you have displayed elsewhere in this thread, whether in the form of ad-hom attacks, or a basic unwillingness to engage in good faith with the numerous people trying to explain what's wrong with this thread.

As for acceptable, well, it's not acceptable to me to get people excited about expensive snake oil with no evidentiary basis and, even being generous, a hyperbolic thread title.

If I'm burned out, it's because we have to filter through noise like this every day here, and it's tiring. Like I said, I'm not attacking you on a personal level, my vitriol is against your ideas and they way you're expressing them. If you don't like it, you're very welcome to click my blue name here to the left of this post, then click "ignore" and it'll be like we're ships in the night, forever <3

• Agree Agree x 1