Been a Few Months

Discussion in 'Support' started by PDodge, Jul 16, 2018.

1. PDodge
      Cowboy

PDodge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bear ate my Cochlea
      Hey everyone, I've had noise induced tinnitus for almost two years now. It was terrible at first and since slowly been getting better.

But a few months ago I woke up to hearing my pulse in my left ear, since then it's been on and off and is really only exacerbated when doing something physical like sex. I don't hear it when I'm not doing something physical but my ear feels plugged constantly. I'm not able to normalize the pressure in it also I get random thumps like it's trying... almost feels like my ear is sticky?

I've been the docs to do some routine test and she said I don't have any fluid or wax build up, but I did have a some sinus issues when I first noticed it and was put on 3 courses of steroid nasal spray (approx. 3 months).

I do vape e cig, have a pretty healthy diet, not over weight and exercise quit a bit. Wondering if you awesome people could help me out, maybe point me in some direction as its pretty annoying and the fullness has me stressing me out lately and is affecting my sleep. Also I'll be heading back to the doctors to see if I can get some more help.

Thanks and sorry for the long post!

2. Jkru

Jkru Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      headphones DJ
      I have the same issue with my right ear. Mostly occurs when I do any physical activity ( Running, workout). It could be Eustachian Tube Dysfunction.

3. Shane eld

Shane eld Guest

I am having similar issues..i am also new and posted my MRA findings in the other part of the forum...the 'support' section at the top..not to hijack the thread. I really hooe you get your issue figured out.

4. Ty P. Martello

Ty P. Martello Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8-1-2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think it is stress related

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    5. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, folks,

I've had pulsatile tinnitus (right ear only) for several years now. Mine started after taking a blood pressure drug for the first time. When the pulsating started, I had a terrible, constant feeling of pressure and fullness in the affected ear. Now, however, the feeling of fullness is completely gone. I do still have the pulsating, but it is at a more bearable level now. I think it has something to do with the Eustachian tube, too. There is an imbalance that is created when the pulsating begins, and it has to somehow come back into balance again. It's possible that yours will right itself eventually, too, and the fullness will subside.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      PDodge
      Cowboy

PDodge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bear ate my Cochlea
      Thanks Karen! I think I've been having ET problems. It's seems to have gone away, fullness is still there a bit but I've quit vaping and am on anti-biotics for some fluid in the ear.

7. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      I'm glad to hear that things have improved for you. Maybe the antibiotics will help with the fluid so that you won't have these symptoms any more.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    8. Smartone202

Smartone202 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Very low since2004/Went haywire in 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise in 04/Wedding dance floor and flying(?) in 18
      2 years and no MRA done?

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      PDodge
      Cowboy

PDodge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bear ate my Cochlea
      I've only had the whooshing sound for like a week

10. Smartone202

Smartone202 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Very low since2004/Went haywire in 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise in 04/Wedding dance floor and flying(?) in 18
      What about the sudden pulsating T? How’s that doing

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      PDodge
      Cowboy

PDodge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bear ate my Cochlea
      Sorry I should have been more specific. I had the whooshing of blood in my hear, on top of high pitch to that fades in and out, like birds chirping