Been a While — but Just Had a Blip for 24 Hours!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Cher69, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      Well a little update from me - with a positive end to help others along the road of T !

So all going good - got my first cold since T came knocking - yes it increased my T as my ears nose and head are all stuffy with gunk - nothing I can't handle - then out of the blue my left ear where I have the high pitched tone feels numb !

Its like after you've been to the dentist and the numbness starts to wear off - if I scratch near my ear its really loud - my T is louder and different no high tone that I have learnt to ignore most of the time - its now a muffled fuzzy thing and feels odd my ear feels really strange and near my ear.

I was a little worried but decided to remind myself I have had a cold this is the cold disappearing from my ears/nose/throat - I headed off to bed - hoping the morning it will have changed - dont panic - I told myself.
      6 months ago - I would have been frantic!

Today I am happy to report - I had a bit of a restless night nothing too bad and awoke to find this odd sensation and muffed noise gone my usual T is back - I was so glad - happy to have my old T back !

So guys - there you go a blip for 24 hours after a cold but back to normal - happy Cher xx

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. jmccombs82

jmccombs82 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 29, 2013 at 10AM
      @Cher69 - this tinnitus thing is so strange. I am experiencing my first cold/flu. Had the ringing/chirping sound for about 3 months now. The hard thing is that we are all so different and while our parts are still the same...it seems that the onset and result (sound) is often so different.