Both Ears Ringing but Blowing in Just One

Discussion in 'Dr. Stephen Nagler (MD)' started by StevenN, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Dr. Nagler is not answering questions.
    Dismiss Notice
    1. StevenN

StevenN Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/10/2014
      Hello, I have been suffering from ringing in the ears for around 3 months now.

It all started with me becoming really dizzy and getting headaches but these went within a month and I just had the ringing. I have had a MRI scan which has come back ok and am going to see a ENT soon.

The ringing got better but is now back after being exposed to loud noise. My issues at the moment are I have a wind blowing sound in just my left ear and ringing in both although the ringing is faint at the moment. I have also noticed if I get up in the morning I have a really loud whooshing sound in my left ear in time with my heartbeat, this goes within a couple of seconds so I presume it is blood rushing around my body. Can anyone offer any advice on what this could possibly be.

Thanks in Advance

2. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      Sounds like a very good idea to me.

Not uncommon. Try to avoid environments wherein you must raise your own voice in order to be heard by somebody standing next to you. Use earplugs in such situations - or leave the area. But in your effort to protect yourself against unduly loud sounds, do not overdo it. The threshold I just described is a good one to follow.

The ENT should be able to help evaluate both the ringing and the wind sound.

I suspect you are right. Since it is so transient, it is nothing to be concerned about.

You are very welcome.

stephen nagler