Can a New Sound Be Due to Eustachian Tube Dysfunction?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Hil, Feb 10, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Hil

Hil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      A new tinnitus sound has emerged over the last few days, and it is in both ears. In each ear it is a faint, high pitched, morse code type sound. Beeeep beep beep...beep...beeeeep... I had been diagnosed with eustachian tube dysfunction / allergies a couple of months ago, but would that cause a new sound to develop in both ears all of a sudden?

2. seal

seal Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Usually ETD connected sounds are more like whooshing sounds not so much morse code ones like the beeping one you describe. so i would say the new sound doesn't have anything to do with the ETD.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Hil

Hil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      What is the morse code-like beeping caused by? Is that known?

4. google typewriter tinnitus.

5. Hil

Hil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Have just looked up info on typewriter tinnitus...Mine isn't a clicking noise, though, it's a tone, like a musical note, that repeats in a morse code type pattern. Is that considered typewriter tinnitus?

6. seal

seal Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      are you feeling anxious/stressed lately? This could lead to new noises.Luckily those tend to go away the way they came when the stress/anxiety goes away...

7. Hil

Hil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Yes. The past week or so have been under extreme stress and anxiety.

8. strato2009

strato2009 Member