Can Alka-Seltzer Cause a Tinnitus Spike?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Colby, Sep 18, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. Colby

Colby Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Just wondering if Alka-seltzer can cause a spike. Coming down with some kind of bug and seems like I got a spike after taking it.

2. Teri
      Artistic

Teri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      Does it have aspirin in it? I believe aspirin has been known to cause not only spikes in T but has been identified as a medicine that causes T.

Medicines have different effects on people. I can't take Ibuprophen due to spikes in my T. But then Ibuprophen does not have any effect on other folks with T.

3. Colby

Colby Member

Tinnitus Since:
      It contains the same ingredients as ibuprophen so maybe I am sensitive to it also. Thanks...

4. yonkapin

yonkapin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2012
      It'd be the asprin causing a spike. Asprin and other NSAIDs like ibuprophen are ototoxic but the effects are almost always temporary unless you're taking ridiculous amounts over long periods of time.

Hope you feel better soon!

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Colby

Colby Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Do you recommend anything for slight fever. Coming down with cold or flu and need something for fever. Thanks