Can Crying and Blowing Nose a LOT Make Hyperacusis and Tinnitus Worse?

Discussion in 'Support' started by BenzoMom, Aug 25, 2019.

1. BenzoMom

BenzoMom Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo WD
      So I've tried thinking of a few things on what could have really made my hyperacusis worse because I really haven't exposed myself to a LOT of loud noises. Yeah, my house is "loud" but not like a blast of noise or anything.

Of course the benzos play a role but I have been crying a TON - like more than ever in my life - and I had been blowing my nose a LOT before and during these past two weeks. It just dawned on me today, especially after my ear has been popping now.

Can crying and blowing the nose a LOT cause a worsening of hyperacusis and tinnitus? And if so, now what? Is it just going to stay at this level forever?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      I think it’s the benzos.
      Don’t underestimate the sound of kids.
      I head to put earmuffs on yesterday when my boys were going nuts.
      Hang in there. Read up on benzo withdrawal. It can take ages to feel yourself again.
      Give your self some treats, and have your kids help.
      You have 7 as I recall. Get a bunch of them to massage you and help you mom...
      You deserve it, and kids will help their folks, they love you.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Star64
      Kick ass

Star64 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @BenzoMom... it is withdrawal from the klonopin causing all these issues... withdrawal can unfortunately cause all types of horrendous symptoms... especially the symptoms you describe... I know because I have had the same issues... there are many of us with the same withdrawal issues, I found this out through benzobuddies... I no longer have the hyperacusis but I had this for 5 months during tapering, I still have loud tinnitus though and other issues, but things are improving slowly and I am still tapering... I could not directly taper from the klonopin, switching to valium was my only option... it was hard on my body for around 3 weeks but it definitely has made it easier in the long run... sorry you are going through this too, it is tough... things will improve, it just takes time.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      BenzoMom

BenzoMom Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo WD
      Thank you for reaching out. I just replied to your PM. If you could give me more info, that would be great. I'm so afraid of Valium b/c of the side effects I got. I'm so afraid of more severe WD from the K. I'm exhausted......my muscles/nerves are jumping and moving constantly......

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. Star64
      Kick ass

Star64 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @BenzoMom I have sent you pm with details.

Stay positive, there is no quick fix to withdrawal... many kind people on here will help you deal with tinnitus and hyperacusis...

6. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      Google the Ashton method for benzo withdrawal. She was a pioneer about these meds.
      Her method works...

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      BenzoMom

BenzoMom Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo WD
      @Daniel Lion Thank you - I am already doing a slow microtaper right now with K.

@Star64 You have blessed me greatly with your personal messages. Thanks for answering my questions and giving me some hope. Glad you are getting through and almost done with your horrendous taper. Bless you!

• Hug Hug x 1