Can ENTs Actually Look Beyond the Ear Drum?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tim Hogan, Sep 16, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Tim Hogan
      Disappointed

Tim Hogan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold/Flu (Minor) >>> Botched Acoustic Reflex Test (Severe)
      Can ENT's routinely use like tiny camera to look past the Ear Drum and give a more detailed analysis on the current state that the ear is in without damaging anything.

Obviously this would be pointless many cases, but in my case Tinnitus induced by a Tympanometry, i haven't found a single person with this issue, people say it cant be noise damage (even tho i thought it was loud), so that leaves only pressure, maybe pressure altered fluid or shook something out of place.

I'm hoping that if its possible i can get an ENT to look inside and see whats up and either go, heres a problem or nope nothing abnormal, for some peace of mind.

2. MikeP505
      Curious

MikeP505 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punishment for being so darn good looking!
      I don't believe they can with the instruments they usually own. A CT or MRI can get a better picture of the inner ear.

3. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      It has been done fiber-optically. Its how they access the middle ear to perform tenotomy for intractable TTTS.