Can It Be Temporary or Permanent?

Discussion in 'Support' started by mylk13, May 21, 2015.

1. mylk13

mylk13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2015
      If this topic has been touched before, I am really sorry for renewing the discussion.

Probably I got tinnitus (I hear high-frequency sound all the time inside my head) by being exposed to loud music for continuous periods. It has started since about 16 May. I am 19 years old.

I got one main question. Can it be only temporary? What should I do?
      Thanks a lot for answers in advance.

2. Lorenzo74
      Mellow

Lorenzo74 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Hi @mylk13 and Welcome to the Forum..

I am sorry to hear you got T at that age... There is so little info regarding loud music and its dangers...

If you are still in the first week since onset you could try a steroid treatment as it seems to help if done soon enough after the beginning of T... I would suggest you to check with an ENT as soon as possible as the initial period is critical for trying to heal it..

Nobody can say if it will be temporary or permanent as it is such a subjective condition brought about by many different factors... Do protect your ears from any loud noise and wish for the best..

I wish I could help you more.. In the meantime look around the forum as you will find plenty of good advise and useful information.

Really hope your T will go away soon..

Take care of yourself and your ears...

Lorenzo

3. Georgia
      Thinking

Georgia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey, I've heard it can be temporary but sometimes it can be permenant. Talk with your ENT like Lorenzo said see if they can offer you anything to help. I've heared some people say that their's was triggered by a loud event and soemtimes it eventually goes. I really hopes it goes, I was really young when I got it so I can understand. If it is permenant please remember that life maybe a bit more difficult but you can still be happy. Hopefully it isn't permenant but if it is start looking at advice for coping mechanisms.
      Stay on the forum we'll teach you and support you about tinnitus.
      Good luck
      Georgia

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mylk13

mylk13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2015
      Hello again, thanks for Your responses!
      Today I visited ENT and also I had an audiogram. As a result I know that my hearing is well, except at 6kHz frequency, but overall my ears are well. I told my ENT that between 2 last weeks I had really stressful time (exams). So probably ENT thinks that is caused by stress and gave me some vitamins: B1, B2, B3, B5 and B6.
      What do You think about it?

5. Lorenzo74
      Mellow

Lorenzo74 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Well, I am no ENT, but hopefully, if he is right, your T might subsides once your stressful time is over...

Best of luck on your exams then !!

Take care !

• Like Like x 1
    6. Jessikweh
      Studious

Jessikweh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. Misdiagnosed as Meniere's Disease.
      If it's only recent, try cutting out all salt & caffeine. Do your best to avoid loud noises & stressful situations. Even try meditation or yoga. I was told mine could be stress (I was under EXTREME stress during the sudden onset), as in my central nervous system is constantly switched on & after 2.5 years it still hasn't gone, but I still stress. So you've certainly got a bit of time to try treating it! Good luck & I hope you get better soon :)