Can Opiates Cause or Worsen Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Street Spirit, May 1, 2014.

1. Do they worsen tinnitus? I was prescribed percocet for pain and I am curious if it might worsen my t? Or h..

2. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Shouldnt...i took a whole script for pain in my ovary and it didnt effect my T at all.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Relic Hunter
      Cynical

Relic Hunter Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1990
      I take them on occasion for chronic pain. I have noticed no change at all in T.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Trevor Boudreau

Trevor Boudreau Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/15
      Hi everyone,
      I recently took 1000mg of Vicodin recently for recreational fun(stupid i know) and I've been experiencing a mild case of tinnitus. I have taken the pill before, and in a larger does, yet this has never happened till now. I was wondering if Vicodin is the cause of this, and if so, if anyone else has experienced this. I would love to hear some feedback from someone. Any response would help.

5. sh2

sh2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      live music, opiates
      yes yes and yes, long term habitual use worsens pre-existing tinnitus, and can make new cases occur.

I have been an opiate user for 15 years and after being off of them for 3 years now, i now am extremely aware of my tinnitus. It was never much noticed while under the influence.