Can TheraFace Pro Massage Gun Cause Hearing Loss or Make Tinnitus Worse?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bmore1234, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Bmore1234
      Wishful

Bmore1234 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing Loss
      Hi Everyone,

I just purchased a TheraFace Pro massage gun for TMJ/neck tightness and it seems to work really well in reducing muscle tension.

One concern I have is if the vibrations from the gun could be potentially damaging to my inner ear.

I had no idea where to research this and figured others on this forum would understand my concern. Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. DeanD

DeanD Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Mild since 1982 - then Severe Oct 2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Microsuction (Oct 2022)
      The only piece of relevant feedback I can give is from getting a new low hum tone after putting my hand on top of a kitchen worksurface that had a dishwasher running underneath.

The vibrations ran through my arm, and caused some kind of damage. I can't say it necessarily damaged my hearing, but it brought on a new tone and I had a vibratory effect in my hands and feet for at least a week after, if memory serves me right.

I also have hyperacusis that may have played a part, I'm not sure.

Not trying to turn you off using the massage gun, as I know many on here use power tools and lawn mowers with ear protection which must also give off vibratory effect and who seem unaffected.

I just may be unusually sensitive.

• Like Like x 1