Can Tiger Balm Help Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Chinmoku, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Chinmoku

Chinmoku Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Started with a cold, possibly worsened by medication/noise
      I am in a group that discusses medication withdrawal and more than one person claimed that Tiger Balm helped their tinnitus. They applied it topically behind and under their ears. I am rather skeptical about this, but before trying I would like to ask whether anyone has benefited from this in the forum?

I haven't found threads on Tiger Balm so I thought I would create one in the alternative treatments sub.

2. Kotve
      Dumb

Kotve Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck / Jaw
      It's like those people in my country that say use olive oil to cure tinnitu.s.. (you know put olive oil in the ear).

The question is, is tinnitus always related to the ear? For me it is not. However, I think trying does not harm here, so you can give it a shot and tell us more :)

I've only tried tiger balm for headache or muscle pain. Works somewhat on my headache and muscle pain.

• Like Like x 1
    3. ThomasW

ThomasW Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2019(nearly gone)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      If your T is caused by muscle problems. Usually neck and jaw related then anything that calms and relaxes muscles could relieve your T.

Thats a new one! But it makes sense if your T is caused by ear wax. Olive Oil is a common remedy for loosening ear wax.

4. Kotve
      Dumb

Kotve Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck / Jaw
      It is a popular belief in Mediterranean areas (I use olive oil when my ears are itchy)

5. Davy
      Alienated

Davy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Tiger Balm in my neck calms my tinnitus right down.