Can Tinnitus with No Hearing Loss Go Away? Please Help!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Priya997, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Priya997

Priya997 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10th June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      After coming off a flight
      I have had tinnitus for 6 months after coming off a flight. It's severe. Have had several hearing tests — No hearing loss and pressure test normal.

Never had tinnitus prior.

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. Oli
      Hurting

Oli Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/04/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      The problem with audiograms is that they don't cover beyond a certain frequency so we could have hearing loss in high frequencies that don't figure on our audiograms. It's not enough relatable.
      I think that it's what cause my T, because my audiogram came perfect.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. william adams
      Wishful

william adams Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one week after leg surgery plus hearing loss in higher freq.
      T can be caused by many things. Medications, ear wax, stress induced, hearing damage and the list goes on. First thing is to have a MRI with contrast to rule out any bone structural problems , tumors , etc. and then check for TMJ to make sure your jaw is not out of its proper form. Taking alot of aspirin or pain killers too much caffiene, neck or back problems....Hopefully you will be able to illiminate some of these things and find the culprit. Hopefully it will leave on its own and if not in time your brain will habituate to the sound and tune it out so it fade into the background although its still their if you bring your attention to it. Im in my 11th month with fairly loud T but it really doesnt bother me anymore for the most part....I always keep soft relaxing music or nature sounds to relax or sleep with. I find that exercise and going back to the things that I enjoy and keeping busy helps the most. Good luck and hope you have success !!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    4. DirM
      Pensive

DirM Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ/TMD
      I had the same symptoms - high T, normal audiogram, normal ear pressure. But I had two other symptoms: my T changed when I turned my neck/head, and T would go down with alcohol (or any depressant).

Based on this they said I had TMJ and put me in bite plates. If four months T has gone from 7 to about 2, and on the way down I could tell it was pulsating (I think I didn't notice at first because it was so loud). So you might want to check into that. Also, good thread here about somatic high-pitched T if you think your ears are normal: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/high-pitch-pulsatile-tinnitus.8856/

5. Elena Cooke

Elena Cooke Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Extreme stress/events
      hi do you still have Tinnitus? I wanted to help because I was also suicidal the first time I had it.