Can We Sue Concert Organizers for Noise-Induced Hearing Damage? Has Anyone Won a Trial?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Don Tinny, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Don Tinny

Don Tinny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2017 (worsening)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert with ear plugs
      Is it possible to sue a concert organizer? Has anyone who got tinnitus from a concert won a trial?

I understand that the damage is cumulative and that the problem may fluctuate in intensity over time.

But I am sure that, if life were fair, they should pay us hundreds of thousands of dollars.

We have been invited to events in which the recommendations of the World Health Organization have not been respected. We entered healthy and left damaged.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      I don't think there are many lawyers on this form, maybe call one and ask? I don't know, imagine how many people would be getting sued if this was the case though :D

3. Aficianado

Aficianado Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I think you're out of luck, it's called Assumption of Risk.

4. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      The burden of proof would fall on you. You would need an audiogram and likely other audiological tests showing normal hearing prior to the concert and significant measurable loss immediately following the concert.

5. BobbyH

BobbyH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustical trauma
      • Like Like x 1
    6. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      I think the major issue would be proof of crippling and severe tinnitus, beyond hearsay.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Don Tinny

Don Tinny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2017 (worsening)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert with ear plugs
      Thanks for answers. Its not (only) about me. I am still monitoring my T and waiting for real improvements (now I am maybe experiencing more good days per week). Anyway my case is so complex because is a resurgence. So I havent got chances to win.

The point is...I hate music/entertainment industry now. Was a big hobbie for me till 10/2017 but those unscrupulous have exposed us to noxious noises no matter our welfare. I would love to be 14 years old again and decide not to go to any show.

• Agree Agree x 1