Can You Give Me Some Advice for My Upcoming Neurologist Appointment?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mariam, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Mariam

Mariam Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3 years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress and medication
      Hey!

I have had pulsating tinnitus for 3 years. Mainly in my head. It's a whooshing sound, one day louder than another, but always the loudest in the morning after waking up. I still have a hard time getting used to it.

Currently I am seeing a physician because of my completely disrupted endorphin system. Following a strict diet and taking supplements (including for my leaky gut) for 2 month now.

My bowels are slightly better but nothing has changed with regard to my tinnitus. In the past I have done neurofeedback and a chiropractor treatment without success. Been to an ENT who has done an MRI and only told me I have hearing loss on the left side and that I have to learn to live with it!

In 2 weeks I have an appointment with a neurologist who also studied the superior cervical ganglion with regard to tinnitus. I would like some information from you. What should the neurologist be searching in order to give me more clarity about my tinnitus, because the MRI showed nothing. What can I ask from the neurologist?

Additional information: I experience a lot of pressure in my head and ears, as well as ear pain. I would love to hear your suggestions!

2. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      Interesting. When my tinnitus is loud, I also notice pressure but I’m not sure if I’m imagining it.

You could ask if any drugs have worked in his patients with tinnitus?

Is there any imaging he can do?

Any reason why you might have pressure?

Sorry, is yours pulsatile tinnitus or pulsating? My questions apply to subjective tinnitus.