Can You Take Vitamin B12 and B Complex Together?

Discussion in 'Support' started by orbiter12, May 27, 2017.

1. orbiter12

orbiter12 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/03/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud club
      Off to Holland and Barret to pick up my usual magnesium and NAC supplements. I've heard a lot about Vitamin B Complex and B12. Can you take these two together?

Also what is the dosage I should be taking. I'm going soon so a fast answer would be appreciated!

2. Elinor
      No Mood

Elinor Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure and barotrauma
      Bs are water soluble vitamins. If you take too much of it there shouldn't really be too much of a problem as it will only get excreted through your urine.

There should be B12 in a vitamin B complex though, so I don't see why you would want to take B12 on the side with the complex. I'd follow the instructions on the container.

3. light rain

light rain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      If you have no deficiency than Elinor is right - a good multi would probably have both. B12 is water soluable but I think at least one of the Bs can be dangerous if too much is taken.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      orbiter12

orbiter12 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/03/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud club
      the dose of b12 is very low in the b complex. Most people say u need 500-1000mcg?

5. Elinor
      No Mood

Elinor Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure and barotrauma
      But are you B12 deficient? Because B12 deficiency is in most cases caused by the lack of intrinsic factor. It is really an absorption issue. So unless you're vegetarian/vegan or an hardcore alcoholic +/- some other conditions, taking B12 supplements will not help as they can't be absorbed through the stomach. In that case you'll need to get an IM injection with B12.