Can't sleep, can't mask - what to do?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Amy, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Amy
      Tired

Amy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I keep going through up and down periods with my T. For a long time this spring/summer, I felt like I had, if not fully habituated, then definitely adjusted to the T and found ways to deal. Since July, though, I've found myself having horrible spikes every few weeks. The spikes then take a week or two to resolve themselves.

This time it's way worse - I can't sleep at all, my usual meds aren't helping (I take trazodone as needed to sleep), and my usual masking methods (fan, Sleep Machine's white noise app) are no help whatsoever. And it sounds like my T has changed in pitch and even type of noise. And just a month ago, I could barely tell it was there and had no trouble sleeping.

I am under enormous work stress right now and that won't change for at least a few weeks, but in the meantime, I have no clue what to do. If I could sleep I wouldn't feel as hopeless. But I can't, and nothing seems to be helping. I just don't know what to do or how to cope with this anymore, it's so horrible and frustrating and I hate the vicious cycle of it all.

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    2. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      Perhaps make an appointment to see @Dr. Hubbard?

Dr. Stephen Nagler