Can't Sleep, Masking Not Working, Wake Up with Shaking Feeling Throughout My Body

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jason E, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Jason E

Jason E Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Slap to right ear
      So I was slapped in the side of the head quite hard, it was an accident so I'm not going to blame the person, it happened 2 weeks ago. Tinnitus constantly ringing super high pitched and loud in my right ear, Dr has started me on a course of prednisolone for 5 days at 60mg.

I cannot sleep, I am getting maybe 2 hours a night if that, upon waking I often feel like my body is pulsing or internally shaking, this symptom only started after the slap, I don't feel like it anxiety related as I've been a long term anxiety sifferer, it feels like nerve impulses are going crazy in my body.

I have no idea what to do, but it's so loud I can't sleep and I fear if I can't get some relief I will lose my mind. Masking isn't working at all, the sound is so high pitched it's like a blade is cutting through my right ear into my brain.

I just want my life back. I hate this existence, I am so sorry to all of you who suffer tinnitus. This is a hellish existence.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      Maybe it is due to medication? Have you talked to your doctor about these symptoms?

Can you expand on this? Anxiety tends to make tinnitus worse. Are you on meds?

You should maybe talk to your doctor about a sleep aid regarding this. Prednisone has some crazy symptoms so it may be that medication causing this.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jason E

Jason E Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Slap to right ear
      Hi jack, thanks for the response. I started experiencing the weird nerve symptoms in body prior to the prednisone so unfortunately I can't link it to that, I have had anxiety for the last 11 years, it generally makes me feel uptight and a little panicky at times, but I just know this symptom feels very different to what I've ever experienced with anxiety, I was quite calm upon going to bed last night, 20 minutes later I wake with a feeling as if my whole body was pulsing, if I stand up it goes away, as soon as I lay back down it's there again. I haven't spoken to the Dr about these symptoms but I think I'll head back in thismorning and hopefully get some answers, maybe I should get an MRI

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jason E

Jason E Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Slap to right ear
      Also I was on zoloft for a while prior to the tinnitus, didn't really find that it helped with the anxiety.

5. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perhaps you can try a sleep aid AD that can help?

@glynis is very knowledgeable about this.

6. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Have you ever experienced a panic attack? So all of this started (nerve pulsing) after the slap and tinnitus appeared? Definitely talk to a doctor about this.

7. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      I was getting the shaking, vibrating feeling.it basically stopped.

• Informative Informative x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jason E

Jason E Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Slap to right ear
      Haven't had a panic attack from the tinnitus at this stage, I've been trying very hard to go easy on myself, I've cried a lot of tears probably from the sleep deprevation and the fear of it never going away. I have booked an appointment two hours from now with the doc, hopefully he can prescribe me something to help me sleep. I hope this gets better with time :(

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jason E

Jason E Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Slap to right ear
      Really? How did your tinnitus start and how long were you getting those feelings for?

10. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I suggest seeing a psychiatrist or a therapist to help you deal with this emotionally. We know its not easy.

• Like Like x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jason E

Jason E Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Slap to right ear
      I agree, I definitely need some help along the way

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jason E

Jason E Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Slap to right ear
      Has anyone tried anti anxiety medications with success? I don't mind taking an ssri if it won't create more ringing but they take a while to work, what about benzos are they the better option?

13. PDodge
      Cowboy

PDodge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bear ate my Cochlea
      I've been getting this too

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jason E

Jason E Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Slap to right ear
      How did your tinnitus start and how long have you had it for?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    15. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have no experience with either, but people have said the benzos provide some relief, but be careful because they are super addicting.

16. PDodge
      Cowboy

PDodge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bear ate my Cochlea
      Ive had it for 2 years, started after a house party, I was actually doing pretty well until late July way less anxiety and sleeping was good but something broke in my brain recently. Oh I recommend getting an app called WHIST. It's great at covering up the shit shrill sounds.

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jason E

Jason E Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Slap to right ear
      Shit that sucks, I'm sorry you've gone through all of these symptoms too. I will definitely download whist and give it a shot. Fuck this is shit. I cannot believe I had no idea of this community of people that just suffers with no treatment.

18. PDodge
      Cowboy

PDodge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bear ate my Cochlea
      Ya It's brutal, I spent 1.5 years never posting here and just checking occasionally- I'm pretty sure less time spent here is better, but it's hard to leave haha. I will say though that my T was constant for like 15 months, then I started having more good days-sometimes a week. I had anxiety before T so I'm probably just in a lull.