Cause of My Tinnitus — Should I Stay Away from My Computer and Other Loud Noises?

Discussion in 'Support' started by MarmiteKFC, Jul 22, 2016.

1. MarmiteKFC
      Amused

MarmiteKFC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ????
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      I went to the doctor today and my doctor found out my tinnitus was caused by a foreign object aka a papertowel. So I shoved them in my ear due to the loud music as it was loud and I shoved them to prevent any more damage. I had to do a earflush to remove some of the parts and my doctor said if I hear the noise tomorrow I have to go to the hospital. So when I get it removed should I stay away from my computer and other loud noises?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      I read your post in almost disbelief. I can only presume you are asking in earnest and so will respond accordingly.
      Hundreds of thousands of people use computers everyday. I in fact designed my own computer and it is very silent by design intent. There is nothing to using a computer that is bad for your ears.

As to loud noises...always avoid loud environments to protect your ears. This applies to everybody, not just those with tinnitus.

As to paper towel in ears, your doctors advice is absurd and no doctor would offer such advice. Any doctor would know if any/all parts of paper towel was successfully removed by looking in your ears with a magnifying device. There is no benefit of going to a hospital if you suffer tinnitus or we would all be in the hospital...lol.

Good luck

3. seal

seal Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      I don't quite get your story @MarmiteKFC ..
      So you tried to protect your ears from loud noises (concert? Club? ) with tissue paper and some of it got stuck and blocked your ears? Or did you push it too deep into your ear and you damaged your ear drum?
      Is the T gone now after the tissue paper removal?
      If it was a loud situation and you only used tissue paper as replacement for proper ear plugs you could also suffered a noise trauma. That could be a cause for your T too.
      Anyways, as someone has already said, a hospital unfortunately can't help you with your T and a regular computer is not too loud. Just don't blast your ears with super loud music playing through your computer speakers while sitting in front of it. And use proper ear plugs in all loud situations (bars, wedding receptions, parties etc)

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MarmiteKFC
      Amused

MarmiteKFC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ????
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      Sorry for the mixup, I mean today I have to go to the hospital because there might be some pieces deep in my ear, but my doctor did a ear flush and managed to remove some of it out. He told me that I should go to the hospital because their might be some of it that he didn't remove. When I go to the hospital they have to use a machine that goes deep in the ear and sucks it out. It was for dance class, I never been to a concert or a club in my life. It was simply that the music was really loud and I couldn't bear it so I made homemade ones. Then one day I noticed one was stuck, so I used a thumb tack to pull it out, but some of out went too deep. Sorry for the mix up and some of the grammar mistakes, I am just 14. Sorry for the idiotic question regarding the computer too. I mean to about my computer was that should I completely avoid it to prevent more damage. I game a lot and I use headphones, but I don't use it only for my right ear. I hope that will clear the mix up. Forgive me.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MarmiteKFC
      Amused

MarmiteKFC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ????
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown

6. seal

seal Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      no need to apologize, it's all good. we now do understand what you mean.
      anyways let us know how it went once your back from the hospital. hopefully your T will be gone..

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MarmiteKFC
      Amused

MarmiteKFC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ????
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      Thanks pal, I know that today my T has reduced and is less irritating.

• Like Like x 1
    8. squeek

squeek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise impact/maybe seaborn
      Should computer noise become an issue for you, you have two choices. Apple has the 12 inch macbooks which are fanless. And for PC, there's NoFan, which is what I have myself and has saved my life. Both of these computers are totally and utterly silent.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MarmiteKFC
      Amused

MarmiteKFC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ????
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      I came back from the University Hospital and the doctor said I have no paper towel. But he said my T will disappear in 1 or 2 weeks luckily, but I have to stop doing Bhangra because it will damage my hearing and make it worse.

• Hug Hug x 1