CBD and Salonpas Gave Me Tinnitus + Hyperacusis + TTTS

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Lizzieboo, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Lizzieboo

Lizzieboo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      CBD + random bengay
      I really do not know what is wrong with me and I am beyond myself living like this. March, I mildly injured my right forearm (nothing serious), just tennis elbow, I don't even freaking play tennis! I just lifted a 20lbs bird seed incorrectly. Then COVID-19 happened, I was afraid to go see a doctor and I don't like taking painkillers. So I tried the CBD samples I got in February at a local store here in GA. CBD seems to be the holy GRAIL for everything. I took CBD gummies 10mg - 15mg a day + along with the CBD cream I applied on my forearm + menthol patch everyday for about 2 months or so. Good news! Right forearm healed just fine as if nothing happened.

Around April, I started noticing a knocking sounds on my left ear + sensitivity to sounds. According to what I have been reading may have been my tensor tympani muscle causing spasm because of hyperacusis. I ignored it because I am not in pain then I started noticing the noise sensitivity is becoming higher and higher that I can't even stand birds chirping (I can stand them now), I frequently tell my husband to be quiet and hes being loud. All of these happened BEFORE I even noticed the tinnitus.

5/26 - I stopped taking all the CBD. My first visit to ENT. Tested my hearing, no hearing loss, nothing abnormal in my ear canal. Lazily put in I have hyperacusis and told me to wait it out and it may go away and come back in 3 weeks. I was only seen by a physician assistant so I'm not coming back for sure.

6/17 - I saw another ENT, this time a Dr. Again, no hearing loss, she tested the high pitch to 20,000Hz, of course I can't hear those, I can hear until 17,400Hz which is good for my age. She told me that is a normal wear and tear and most people can't even hear it and she wouldn't consider it as a hearing loss. Even she has it. What she did not check is my LDL. I sent her a message about (I will find out this week if she's going to test me for it).

The interesting part I stopped taking CBD and while I was taking it I've developed hives on my LEFT hands (see the pattern?)
      I've also developed pain on my xiphoid process part (that middle part in between your sternum just above your stomach).

1 day after I STOPPED taking CBD... I had insomnia for 4 days and during this 4 days my sensitivity was gone, knocking was gone, so I thought I was cured. The 5th day I was cured of insomnia, knocking starts, sensitivity on LEFT ear is BACK... then after insomnia, I woke up with a NOISY BRAIN -- this is what I think when I started hearing the TINNITUS. Very mild EEEEE and doesn't really bother me. I am more bothered by my LEFT ear sensitivity and spasming tympanic after exposure to sounds.

My hives and xiphoid pain is gone 2 weeks after stopping CBD. Now just my LEFT EAR sensitivity that is all that's left + mild tinnitus.

It hasn't been a month since I stopped... so I don't really know what to think here, whether this is going away or permanent... all because of the CBD, Salonpas that I took. I may be a rare case here and I've received enough backlash from people taking CBD, that it's not it... what could it be? That's all I took.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Is it the THC that may have done this to you? Did it ever get better?

• Like Like x 1