Certain Noises Cause Quick Sound in Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kellyyyyy, May 27, 2018.

1. Kellyyyyy

Kellyyyyy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I'm 18 years old and I've to have had this for over 4 years now but lately, I've been paying more attention to it. It's in my right ear.

Whenever I hear a sudden loud sound, I'd hear a quick almost like a whoosh/air moving that lasts only a split second. Some sounds that trigger this would be if someone would to say something loudly suddenly, a fork hitting the plate, or the smoke alarm going off. It also happens if I were to push on my ear and then release.

Whenever I'm in a loud environment where people would be cheering and clapping, it becomes a constant rumbling sound until the noise is gone. This also happens sometimes when I'm laughing, watching a video on my phone or Tv with the volume up too high.

Lately I've also noticed the same sound, although it is a lot quieter, in my left ear. I have had ringing in my ears ever since I could remember, but only occasionally. I don't have any hearing loss and it doesn't cause any pain.

The only way I can describe it is it being uncomfortable.

I have no idea what this is and my doctor who I've asked twice already about this has not given me any answers.

Do any of you experience these symptoms? It's also worse if I tense the area around my ear.

2. Adriel93

Adriel93 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/22/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Allergies
      Doesn’t it feel like it vibrates?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kellyyyyy

Kellyyyyy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      No, it doesn't really feel like anything. Sometimes it's kind of like a click or a crackle.

4. lapidus

lapidus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      • Informative Informative x 1
    5. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      It's TTTS as listed above, the sound you are hearing is your eustachian tube opening and closing in response to loud noise. This indicates that your tinnitus has something to do with hearing loss.