Certain Random Sounds Make My Eardrum Vibrate — Hyperacusis?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Audiophile_bg, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Audiophile_bg
      Furious

Audiophile_bg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Olanzapine/MRI
      What is happening if random sounds are now making my eardrum vibrate? Is this hyperacusis?

I was casually listening to a YouTube video, and I noticed that at one point the sound made my low hum tinnitus very loud. Every time I rewound the video it happened again.

Am I developing hyperacusis?

Thanks.

2. Backpacker

Backpacker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL
      I have vibration/hum in my right ear all the time when I'm inside. And I hate it more than the hiss from my left ear which I can sometimes even hear outside. I don't have the vibration outside and when I open the window I hear/feel it less. Today it's raining and my window is open so I "didn't have it" when I woke up which was cool, but it's coming and going depending on how heavy the rain is.
      So, for me, as long as the youtube track or whatever is playing, it "stops", but as soon as there's a pause it starts again.
      You mentioned somewhere that it stopped for few months?

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. Backpacker

Backpacker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL
      @Audiophile_bg I am still learning how to post so I did not put @... above. Anyway, you don't have your low hum/vibrating/engine? It stopped?

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Audiophile_bg
      Furious

Audiophile_bg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Olanzapine/MRI
      @Backpacker, yes, it was gone after an ENT gave me Nasonex. I had eustachian tube dysfunction. However, this April I developed palatal myoclonus, which causes clicking in my ears. So that's why I have problems with tinnitus again.

5. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Any unexplained inner ear problem gets called hyperacusis. Hyperacusis is not a diagnosis, it's just a loose term to describe a bunch of poorly understood hearing problems.

6. Backpacker

Backpacker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL
      @Audiophile_bg I think I have occasional middle ear myoclonus (I have other types all the time, just speaking about MEM now). It feels like a butterfly trying to get out of my ear. But it comes once in few weeks-once a month. Sometimes in my right ear, sometimes in the left. But for me there's sth about weather changes and sudden movements, so I don't know...

• Like Like x 1