Changing Tinnitus Pitch with Eyes?

Discussion in 'Support' started by DimitarIV, May 4, 2018.

1. DimitarIV
      Creative

DimitarIV Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello, is there anyone here that can change the pitch of their tinnitus with eyes?

Looking for a partner in crime haha.

I've discovered I can lower my tinnitus with a combination of eyes movement.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DimitarIV
      Creative

DimitarIV Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      3 days of hiss sound... anyone know anything about this? Is it still somatic T?

This !@#$ is crazy...

3. Sebastians

Sebastians Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guitars, loud girls and guns
      @Tom Cnyc could modulate his T sound through eye movement if i remember correctly?

• Like Like x 1
    4. Anthonyr
      Wtf

Anthonyr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I can change my tinnitus when I clench my jaw. My hissing sound goes louder and more static.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @DimitarIV Your eye movement is probably just somatosensory neural signals. It's just a case of multisensory influences ( motor systems) where one modality such as jaw protrusions or neck muscles influences something else like your eyes. Probably related to jaw and facial.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    6. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      I had this extremely severe for the first two weeks or so. It was extremely distressing and probably the worst thing I've dealt with in my lifetime.

I could modulate pitch pretty much an octave by moving my eyes from rolled up to rolled down, like a keyboard's jog wheel.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      Agree. Most of the time somatosensory signals like to the eyes only last a few weeks. If it last more than six months then it could be injury or posture influencing multisensory conditions. If an ENT rules out sinus, infection and ETD then a dental checkup may help. From there an appointment with a motion neurologist where all the disc of the c spine, muscles, facial and accessory nerves will be examined. Torticollis usually lasts only a few months, unless the torticollis muscle is greatly affected. Any of the many types of very rare dystonia could lower quality of life.

Most of the time without sinus or ETD, spinal disc and neck muscles are related to facial and often TMJ/TMD. There can be any of many muscles, joints and nerves involved with physical tinnitus, including facial. If facial lasts more than six months then the masseter, trapezius, mastoid, occipital, sternocleidomastoid and TMJ/D may be the cause. Changes within the c spine and having one shoulder lower than the other would be something for doctors to consider as well as changes in the c spine curve.

The sternocleidomastoid (injury or spasms) is often involved with physical tinnitus that would include facial and eyes. The sternocleidomastoid can have at least 50 different relations at least in part to physical things that (feel bad) including the neck, shoulders, other parts of the body, headaches. If one side has an imbalance then it can affect the other side with increase or decrease T pitch or loudness or change to the other ear.

If you can lower pitch by eye movement, then from I've read, your neuro brain isn't as active with your tinnitus.

All of this is only from stuff that I have read. The amount of hearing loss needs to be considered. Physical T can be simple in finding cause or it can be difficult and it often depends on age.

• Informative Informative x 2
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DimitarIV
      Creative

DimitarIV Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Today my T is gone. 3 months mark.

I did the steroid on the first day, second month - 2 weeks in hospital (again). Hbot after that (10 sessions).

Maybe its temporary but its a progress to me.

First I've tried to use earplugs but it made my sensetivity to sounds really bad so I stoped wearing them.

Thank you for the support, thanks to all of you who are positive and helpful and wish you all the best!

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DimitarIV
      Creative

DimitarIV Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Second day without T...

Fingers crossed

10. Jiri
      No Mood

Jiri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise + injury
      Can you still modulate your tinnitus with eye movement?

11. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      No. Not past the 2 - 3 week mark.

• Like Like x 1