Changing Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by 2131e, Jan 15, 2015.

1. 2131e
      Wishful

2131e Member

Tinnitus Since:
      19/2014
      Hey everyone, I hope you're all having a quiet day.

I've noticed in the past week or so my tinnitus has got quieter. I couldn't say why - nothing had changed in my regular schedule, except being *totally* obsessive about wearing earplugs most times when I leave the house (necessary in London) and when I use the exhaust fan at home....

Anyway, I used to hear a very noticeable tone that was constant, combined with a very high pitch electric hissing. I used to find both somewhere on a spectrum from mildly irritating to very disturbing. But now, I've found that for some reason both are much quieter. The high pitch hissing, which used to feel like it was taking over my head, I can't really hear that anymore..... in its place I can hear two quiet tones, one corresponding with the original loud tone, and a general white noise sound....... but this is while I'm wearing foam earplugs - if I take out the earplugs I'm not sure I can hear anything at all.

Just wondering if anyone has ever had experiences like this? And if so if they were permanent? I was organising myself to try take part in a clinical trial but if this new change to softer T persists I feel like there wouldn't really be much point...

2. tomm
      Thinking

tomm Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (club drumming)
      Hey 2131e,
      You profile doesn't list a cause for your T and the since date is 19/2014 - is that the first of September last year?

If that's the onset it's probably still settling. Have you changed your diet or sleeping patterns? Been more relaxed?

3. Paul201
      Pacman

Paul201 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Subwoofer
      Keep doing what your doing and keep those fingers crossed, any noise reduction makes things a lot easier I found, maybe your t is very noise sensitive at the moment