Chronic Pain

Discussion in 'Support' started by jchinnis, May 12, 2014.

1. jchinnis

jchinnis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/1989
      • Like Like x 3
    2. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Interesting stuff. I can see how this could be helpful in dealing with t. The quote made by the sergeant is particularly interesting to me “I was very naïve,”Sergeant Savage said. Today, most doctors remain focused on treating physical pain, which is just one symptom of chronic pain, experts say. And as a result, they also often“chase” pain, increasing opioid dosages as lower amounts become ineffective, exposing patients to more side effects.

A lot of us suffering with t seem to be willing to do almost anything to get rid of the noise. I guess the sergeant thinks there are worse things.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jchinnis

jchinnis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/1989
      It's interesting that the more effective treatments for tinnitus and chronic pain at present are similar and involve shifting one's mental focus and thinking.

• Agree Agree x 3
    4. Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Very interesting article. I was once myself on some heavy drugs for pain, instead of feeling pain, I was walking around in a fog not able to think straight enough of whether I was still in pain or not -.-
      The daily focus on pain, conditioning, expectation and how to pamper your pain/t takes up just as much space as the actual t.
      Doctors have had a monopoly on right, and considering how great 95% of ENTs are working out for us, and how useless treatment is for functional disorders like the veteran, this provides hope