Clinical Trials: Have You Been in One?

Discussion in 'Research News' started by ResonanceCEO, Mar 26, 2014.

1. If you have been directly involved in a T or HL clinical trial for a drug, please PM me directly about your experience. I answer a lot of questions from people regarding new therapies on TT, and I want to make sure that I'm giving correct information. Please do not share confidential information with me as this puts you and me at risk legally.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ResonanceCEO
      Cheerful

ResonanceCEO Member Benefactor

First, thank you for all of your responses. I am willing to sort through the trial data and compile it for TT. There are a number of trials going on and I want to make sure that people end up in the right places based on their symptoms. Looks like for AM 101:
      Havertown, PA, USA - Drs Ardito and Surkin
      Chicago, IL, USA - Dr Freidman
      TN, USA - assuming its the Vanderbilt group.

There are also dexamethasone trials going on somewhere for those with inflammatory/Meniere's-spectrum disease processes.

If you are considering one trial over another, or have general reservations about trials, please do not hesitate to message me. I consider this one of the most important and impactful functions I can perform on this forum. More info to come....

• Like Like x 4
    3. Rog

Rog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Hi there,
      I have contacted the clinic in Harveton,PA and will meet them on the 21 of february. Can you please give me information of what to expect for this trial? I ve got T due a ear infecction and it has changed so many things in my life . Took a break from work and planning to go back in 3 weeks. Now i know how to deal with it a little more. Any adevice would be very helpfull .
      Thank you

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    4. Hudson
      Cowboy

Hudson Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:

I can give you all the info.

5. jazz
      No Mood

jazz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      eardrum rupture from virus; barotrauma from ETD
      Good luck! I didn't know you were so close to a clinical trial location. That's wonderful. I'm sure with your tinnitus being so new you'll probably get cured. Keep us informed!:)

6. Rog

Rog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      @jazz thank you jazz . I will keep you all posted . I hope I get the drug instead the placebo .

7. Rog

Rog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      @Hudson I would love any information Hudson. You've given me some good infos already . Any more would be highly appreciated .

8. Hudson
      Cowboy

Hudson Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      I'll message you some of the study information later then. I have to go fishing now.

9. Rog

Rog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Awesome ! Thanks
      Have a good time fishing :)