Compensation in Canada? Is Tinnitus Considered a Permanent Disability?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dexter, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Dexter

Dexter Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      work/operations/tubes/mastoidectomy
      Hi, I've had tinnitus since 2002 maybe earlier. I've learnt to deal with it by finding out a friend of mine was suffering from it at the same time I had it... and I thought I was the only one with this condition. I use a fan to sometimes mask the noise.

I am wondering if this condition is considered a permanent disability through the Canadian government. The internet talks about war veteransn who are qualified for it, but it doesn't talk about the average Joe.

Anyways, I have had tubes for as long as I can remember, I have also had a mastoidectomy,,,the loud sounds from truck driving did me in. Cement truck driver, to long haul, you name it, I can't drive truck anymore.

I would consider getting my pilots license if I knew it would be OK to be retained in that field, also I am wondering how compensation pays for something like this.

My left ear has constant ringing, and my right ear has high/low tones which is sporadic, and will soon be the same as my right ear, because that's how it started.

Any information you have is helpful, thanks.

2. CDNThailand

CDNThailand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/17/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      MP3, Stress, TMJ
      I wonder also

3. Eric N

Eric N Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012, 03/2016, 05/2017, 05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise + 3 major increases via (shouting / MRI/ flu+Tylenol)
      any updated on this?