Concerned Over New Second Tone

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mark0001, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Mark0001

Mark0001 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      maybe syringe/flushing ear wax
      Hello, I have read posts for more than the last half decade and find them very informative, however, this is my first post. Thank you in advance for any response.

In March of 2011 I had ear wax removed by flushing and later, soon after, developed t in the left ear. After adapting, it turned out to be very manageable, very tolerable.

In March 2015 the right ear developed a similar softer tone. Once again, after adapting, it became very tolerable.

Incidentally, I have had 2 hearing tests the last 6 years, with 2 years being the most recent-- both came back with normal hearing in both ears.

Recently, 2 weeks ago, I noticed the single tone ringing in my right ear became a little more intense, but diminished to its normal tone. However, last week when in bed I began to notice, periodically, in the right ear another tone that I thought was the refrigerator. I realized it was my ear and this refrigerator type tone sounded distant, infrequent, not as intense as the other tone. No problems sleeping.

Nevertheless, last Wednesday I went to a GP and he picked out ear wax and said there was an infection and prescribed amoxicillin.

Incidentally, my ENT just removed ear wax in April of 2017. To continue, the sound became much more intense--to the point I couldn't sleep on Friday--and I went to a different GP on Saturday. He said there was no infection, and it could have gone away in 3 days. He said to quit taking the penicillin, and prescribed zolpidem to help for the sleep.

The tone isn't always constant at all times during the day, nevertheless, very annoying.

Would very much appreciate opinions.

Again, thank you, Mark.