Constant Feeling of Tension Behind Ear? TTTS?

Discussion in 'Support' started by dboy7921, Jun 26, 2017.

1. dboy7921
      Busy

dboy7921 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2012
      I've been dealing with a huge spike in my T and H lately due to stress from and loud noise exposure. It seems whenever I'm depressed, anxious or frustrated it all goes right to my ears. Anyway I've slowly come to accept my aggravation(after some frustrated days mind you). I started noticing that with sudden unexpected (relatively) loud noises my ears start to 'cramp' up. This then goes away after a few hours. It's gotten so bad that now it even hurts sometimes around certain loud noises. Like tiny little stabs in my ear.

Also my right ear feels like it's cramping up the whole time now. I recognize the feeling because I used to get it around certain high pitch frequencies before the spike. Only this is not going away. It doesn't hurt but it is super annoying and distracting. It seems all the little muscles in my ear are on high alert or something. I read online it has to do with Tonic Tympani Tensor Syndrome? Whatever that is. I noticed my T has gone up so maybe that's why it's doing it? As a reaction to the higher pitch of the T?

I feel like I should have given my ears more rest instead of just continuing on I guess but oh well. Anybody recognize these symptoms and what the best course of action would be? I scheduled an appointment with the ENT but I highly doubt he can offer any solutions other than 'live with it' I fear.