Contrasting Tinnitus Pattern

Discussion in 'Support' started by Thongjy, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      Anyone experience such pattern such that one day you have very very bad t and the next day will most likely expected to be a very low t?

2. AntonR
      Balanced

AntonR Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Not particularly. Sometimes I'll be having a terrible morning and by the end of the day its so silent I can barely hear it. Other days will be bad for the whole day.. Lately I've had more of a pattern where it's bad for 2-4 days and then really mellow for about a week or two then randomly bad again and back to mellow.

Its weird stuff.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      What symptoms do you have when your T is loud?

4. AntonR
      Balanced

AntonR Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Sorry for not answering sooner, haven't been around. Usually just very high pitched tinnitus more so in my left ear. It can be heard over almost anything. On my good days I barely even notice it, but on my random bad spikes its just impossible to mask.

Having one of these spikes right now, weirdly this time its in my right ear and my hearing is slightly muffled along with it, have never had it on the right before. Just randomly started last night at around 9-10 PM after almost 2 weeks of blissful silence (wasn't really 100% silent, but it was so quiet that I really didnt notice it at all). this morning seems to be a bit better than last night but its still buzzing louder than usual and my hearing is still slightly muffled in that ear, wonder would could of caused it.

5. CarolinaGuy
      Wishful

CarolinaGuy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely ototoxicity
      Seems like changing patterns are pretty common for a lot of T sufferers.

Mine has changed a lot, and often, in just the first four months now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      Just wondering how does the pattern change as time progresses?

7. CarolinaGuy
      Wishful

CarolinaGuy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely ototoxicity
      Thongjy,

When mine started in October I heard all kinds of noise. I would shift back and forth between hissing, and single-tone ringing in my right ear, and single tone ringing in the center of my head (usually at night), then "crickets" chirping in both ears, and then pulsating, wave-like churning, like an ear infection, in my right ear. I also heard a morse code tone in my right ear late at night, in bed, but only at times when the other sounds were quieter.

Now, I seem to just shift back and forth between high-frequency hissing in both ears, and a kind of waxing-and-waning ringing in my right ear.

Based on my experience so far, I think tinnitus may settle into a regular pattern with time.

I am still not officially considered "chronic." I guess my brain is still deciding what it wants to do.

It's probably true that the less you monitor the pattern, the more your brain tends to shut it out.