Could This Regimen Be the Cause of More Frequent Fleeting Tinnitus Episodes?

Discussion in 'Dr. Stephen Nagler (MD)' started by morgothaod, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Dr. Nagler is not answering questions.
    Dismiss Notice
    1. morgothaod

morgothaod Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Hello Dr. Nagler,

Before when not doing anything to "cure" my tinnitus, I would get fleeting tinnitus like once a month or once in 2 months. On January 15 2020, I have decided to do a regimen to see if it would help my tinnitus. I have experienced fleeting tinnitus about 10 times since then. Do you think this could be from what I am doing or simply a coincidence? My regimen is as follows:

1) Drink 1 tablespoon of Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar 'with the mother' mixed in with a glass of warm water- 2x a day
      2) Use NeilMed nasal mist saline spray (natural, drug and preservative free) in morning followed by the valsalva maneuver
      3) Breath in steam by heating up water from a facial steamer in the morning

Thank you!

2. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      Hi @morgothaod.

I do not believe that the increase in the frequency of your episodes of fleeting tinnitus is related in any way to your three-step regimen. I suspect it is all coincidence.

To the best of my knowledge fleeting tinnitus is a relatively common phenomenon that has absolutely no diagnostic, therapeutic, or prognostic implications. It is a nuisance that will do exactly what it wants to do and exactly when it wants to do it! I wrote a bit about fleeting tinnitus in THIS THREAD.

Hope this helps.

All the best -

Stephen M. Nagler, M.D.

• Helpful Helpful x 2