Desperate

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jacomien, May 24, 2014.

1. jacomien
      Frustrated

jacomien Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Hello, I am a 59 year old woman from Holland and I have tinnitus since 2006, but it did nt bother me until last januari. I was recovering from my ankle and could not walk well, sat on the sofa in a wrong position, laptop on my lap most of the day, my back felt stiff and painful and one day my ears start to hurt a bit. I expected it to be a virus of some sort, I was chilly all the time and my appetite went as well. Then the next day I heard this screaming in my ears. I panicked completely. I did have a lot of emotional stress the year before.
      Since then, the 8th of januari, the noise has nt changed, although I get new noises all the time.
      I went to doctors and ENT's and did all kind of therapies, and I did have a few days that I thought, oh well, I think I will be able to handle this.
      But now since 4 days I don't sleep, and I cry all day. I am desperate and don't know what to think or do.
      I used to read the succes stories here and they helped, but now I start to think, everybody will get used to it, BUT ME!!!
      Also my ears are so painful inside. They itch and around my ears it is aching.
      There is nothing wrong with them doctors say but it is an awful pain.
      I hope to get some help here, somehow.

2. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      So what exactly changed since you can't sleep?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jacomien
      Frustrated

jacomien Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Hello Dan, I have no idea. Before I slept a few hours on and off, and now I fall asleep but wake up after an hour. And that 's it. I prefer not to use any medication, apart from melatonin, but I feel really tired and depressed now, and the T is bothering me immensely. You got it since 2011. How are you doing? Are you used to it? and how long did it take?

4. Jay M
      Thinking

Jay M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/14
      Itchy ears maybe an indication that you're having an allergic reaction to something from sitting around while healing your ankle in the same environment too long; dust mites, roaches, inhalants (dust, pollen) and or food. Check your local pollen count and time line your experience bc there maybe a correlation. Plus a lack of exercise or even less daily activities equals decreased blow flow, starting with the smaller extremities of the body (including the ear). The pain in your ears may be from Eustachian Tubes reacting to an inhaled allergic reaction causing pressure and or fluid build in the ears. Try carefully equalizing them but do not force them. If they do not open easily or at all then I would suspect ETD. There's OTC meds that can help with that if it's not to extreme.
      1. Try to relax, it will get better.
      2. See an Allergist and get your allergies throughly tested.
      3. Try to get some exercise. Increase your heart rate up in the proper range for age, 30 minutes a day is universally recommended.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jacomien
      Frustrated

jacomien Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Hello Jay , Thanks for the thinking and the ideas. What you are saying about the bloodflow and all sounds really good. And it might be one of the causes. At the other hand you would think that things should become a bit better after this time. I did think of an allergic reaction , but I have no idea how to find that out. In Holland you can't just go to an allergist. I could talk to my GP, but that is always a struggle somehow. I ll give it a good thought. But don't you think it should be a bit better now 4,5 months later? I do go out a lot and I do walk at least an hour a day. The relaxing part I am working on, by breathing and yoga. Sometimes it is so difficult to relax with that screaming sound in the ears. And what are OTC meds?

6. Jay M
      Thinking

Jay M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/14
      Thank you and your welcome. T can be a symptom of many things if its not directly related to a traumatic hearing damaging event.
      OTC (over the counter) meds. No Rx required.
      Do you work or have worked in a loud environment?
      Have you been taking any Rx meds for a long period of time or suddenly quit? Ototoxicity.
      Ask your GP about skin testing for allergies or if they can refer one.
      If youre allergic to roaches and or dust mites and for the past 5 months unknowingly had an infestation, youve been constantly exposed to them.
      I think Allergy testing is so crucial to explaining health incidents from recently all the way to childhood.