Detoxication's Impact on Tinnitus? Any Experiences?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tex, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Tex

Tex Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      We are exposed to a lot of un-natural ingredients in our foods, particularly processed foods and beverages. I think that if I can't easily pronounce an ingredient that it can't be that good for us? A lot has been written about lowering our processed food intake for better health.

Has anyone ever tried doing a detox to see if this helps lower their Tinnitus? And I'm not referring to some all out thing like enemas, etc.

There has been a lot of articles on apple cider vinegar, cranberry juice, and a few other various drinks that can naturally detox the body. I was just wondering if a good "clean out" might help.

2. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      my diet was pretty clean before but I discovered I had high blood sugar last month and really cleaned up my diet. The closest thing to processed foods I was eating was organic plain unsweetened yogurt. Everything else was just veggies, protein and quinoa I cooked all myself. Cut out all added sugar and abut 60grams of carbs a day. It made no difference in my tinnitus but defiantly lowered my blood sugar. Things like vinegar actually makes my tinnitus skyrocket.

3. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      Good ideas, I have an awful diet, i think i maybe eat 1 meal a day..I love cooking, but i hate eating.

4. Alex Matyjasek
      Not amused

Alex Matyjasek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8 September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress? Who knows...
      I eat about absolutely everything,, hamburgers, fish, salads, chocolate etc...no restrictions what so over and to be honest my T is just the same. Probably eat too much but fortunately I hardly put anyway on.