Dizzy Spell Then Tinnitus Loud in Right Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by Artmuzz, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Artmuzz
      Scared

Artmuzz Member

I was feeling tense and had a headache a couple of nights ago so I took a paracetamol and went to bed. I woke up the next morning feeling better so I got up and fed the cat and went to the bathroom.

I then went back to bed but when I was turning over to get comfortable I suddenly felt dizzy. The dizziness suddenly eased but when a I got up to go back to the bathroom the room started spinning and I started panicking. The feeling eased but when I went to lie on the sofa the dizziness returned.

I managed to get an appointment with my doctor and he checked my ears but they appeared fine. He told me to lie on the table and he positioned my head back and to the left and right but he found nothing wrong. He then suggested it could be a vestibular migraine and prescribed me pills for the dizziness.

Anyway I felt fine and normal until I went out today. I was feeling a bit unwell but went for a long walk to the supermarket. It was quite cold outside but when I got into the supermarket I suddenly felt my right ear clog and my tinnitus got very loud. It made me feel very uncomfortable and I started panicking. I got home and lay on tn sofa but I am still getting this loud tinnitus and my ear feels congested butnIndomt know if it's the loud tinnitus making it feel congested.

Does this sound like an ear infection. Please advise.

2. illegalmonkey77
      Fine

illegalmonkey77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/20/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely due to fluid in ears, and then it just stuck around.
      First off are you drinking plenty of water?

Secondly I don't think tinnitus itself causes congestion and such. Usually it would be the other way around where something clogging the ear, or fluid build up will give you tinnitus. Tinnitus is just a noise, it's not like a broken bone that makes you swell up or feel pain for example.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Artmuzz
      Scared

Artmuzz Member

Yeah, I'm drinking plenty of water though I didn't drink much water this morning before going out. I didn't have a good nights sleep last night due to worrying about dizziness I had the previous morning. I have had tinnitus in that ear for months but it has only been very faint and I only heard it if a I was in really quiet environments. Now the tinnitus has got a lot louder and I can hear it with even the television on. I'm getting worried.

4. illegalmonkey77
      Fine

illegalmonkey77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/20/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely due to fluid in ears, and then it just stuck around.
      I may not have had T for a long time but I’ve learned a lot about it in my time with it. Setbacks can, and will happen. I highly doubt anyone goes through life with T where it never changes. The best thing to do is just recognize that a change has happened, especially if you can figure out what caused the change so you can better combat it. Even if you have no idea you really just need to grin and bear it.

You’re going to have good and bad days as cliché as that sounds. You literally just had this happen to you it sounds like, so you really just need to give it time. If you try not to focus and worry about the T so much you may be surprised to find that maybe in a week or two it’ll be back to normal, or at least not nearly as bad as it is right now. It helps a lot to just keep living life as normal and enjoying yourself!

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Artmuzz
      Scared

Artmuzz Member

Thanks for the heads up. I lay on the sofa and relaxed with some music and I think my tinnitus has got a bit quieter (though at a higher pitch) probably because I am not as stressed out and anxious as I was coming back from the town.