DJ Paul Oakenfold joins tinnitus campaign urging music lovers to put hearing first

Discussion in 'Support' started by erik, Feb 3, 2014.

1. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      This guy has much influence over young clubbers, nice to read this:

The DJ Paul Oakenfold has emerged as the unlikely champion of a new campaign warning of the dangers of loud music.

New research released today found that two-thirds of people had experienced ringing in their ears, with one-third of people exceeding safe volume levels on headphones.

Marking the launch of tinnitus awareness week, Oakenfold said: “I urge music lovers to wear ear defenders to gigs and avoid dangerously high volumes on personal music players.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...usic-lovers-to-put-hearing-first-9102600.html

• Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. Champ
      Woot

Champ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma from headphones
      Good, the more the merrier. Paul is a huge DJ so if he can get behind this cause, that's just gravy.

3. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Thanks Eric. Does the US have a tinnitus awareness week? Seems like the UK is doing a lt more public awareness campaigns than we are.

4. Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      (y)All that great music of his i heard without an eeeeeee. I think earplug use is targeting it in a wrong way though, venues need forced responsibility too, nice to see his support anyhow

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Champ
      Woot

Champ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma from headphones
      Tenna the problem is that people without tinnitus or who are unaware of their damaged hearing WANT the music loud as possible. I've always worn earplugs to concerts, even before I had tinnitus, because I didn't want to screw up my hearing. But many of friends didn't wear plugs.

6. NeoM
      Moonlighting

NeoM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/31/2013
      My mother and father are going to a concert in May and I told my mother that I would pick up some earplugs for her and you know what she said..."It's not going to be that loud." lol. Please.

Hearing is the forgotten sense.

7. The_Chum_12
      Inspired

The_Chum_12 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      I wish BT would have the same thinking. Mine started after he blasted the music in a club when I saw him.