Do You Have a Dog? My Dog "Greeted" Me with Loud Barking and It Pierced My Ears

Discussion in 'Support' started by IvanRus, Nov 20, 2017.

1. IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      Do you have a dog? After the beginning of tinnitus, do you live with a dog? Does she or he often bark?

The fact is that I have a dog (bitch) - she lives in the yard.

Today in the morning, when I went out into the yard, she "greeted" me with loud barking. I was about 3 meters from her.

It really pierced my ears, because now we have a frost (-16 ° c) and sounds are heard louder than in the summer. What do you think?

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. ScottK

ScottK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Always had it, as far back as I can reme
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably loud noise.
      I do not have a dog. I have Misophonia and one of my major annoyance triggers is dog barking. I don't like it when people have dogs that live outdoors because generally those are the dogs that annoyingly bark non-stop and generally owners just let them do it with no regard for those around them. I'm not saying that's you; it's just that it happens way too often. I go for a 4 mile walk around my neighborhood every day and the sounds of dogs barking drives me nuts every single day. People are so self-absorbed these days, that they don't even consider what it does to a dog, and how it might annoy those that have to live around them.

My in-laws have a dog and his barking, while supremely annoying, does nothing to my T either way. I don't let him bark right in my ear.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      I agree in the summer, when the dog barks even closer than this time, this is not particularly annoying. It seems quieter. But today it really was piercing, since it's cold -16 ° on the street, and sounds are louder in the cold air ..

5. Taylorslay
      Happy

Taylorslay Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Years of excessively loud headphone use
      When I first got my acoustic trauma I now have H and T; in my recovery time my dog barks screwed with my ears. They'd bark and everything would become distorted and just over all not normal. My dogs bark bothers my hypercasusis which makes me avoid them. But they follow my other family members around, not me thankfully.