Do You Have Any Phobias?

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by Markku, Mar 27, 2011.

1. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      coockroaches yikes !!! hate them even more when they fly !!!:eek::arghh::woot::wideyed::nailbiting: driving in the rain and even more so when it night and it's raining ,:sick::nailbiting::oops:...and also getting old and knowing that i will not be there at one point of my life to be there for my children ...:cry::(

• Like Like x 4
    2. LeQuack
      Gloomy

LeQuack Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad genes
      I only fear I'll have tinnitus till I croak. Give me all the spiders and other critters.

• Agree Agree x 3
    3. AnnieM
      Stressed

AnnieM Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      PROBABLY long term exposure to the sound of motors/blowers
      I'll second LeQuack but I don't do bugs or heights very well :D Mice I don't care about, snakes are cool - let me see a flea on my cat or a spider on the wall and I go bonkers :LOL:

4. angelapride
      Angelic

angelapride Member

I am scared to be alone. Really i hate being alone.

5. Micky
      Dancing

Micky Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10 / 2000
      Hudson wrote..
      Anything that looks like a lotus seed pod, those crazy frogs with the holes in their backs that their young live in... it's horrible. Destroy it all.

Now you got me thinking about these bloody frogs.. Disgusting..and No i don't want a picture..

phobias oh yeah.. Having a spider crawl in my mouth when im fast asleep with my mouth wide open..

6. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Spiders..deathly afraid! Tinnitus of corse or just of it getting worse.. Crowded and clustered small places i get panicky cause of my anxiety.. Lately loud noise even though it doesnt hurt my ears i still try and protect them.. Doesnt help when im at work everyday and always SOMEONE drops a big metal pan on the floor and scares the shit ouuta me.. So far so good tho lol

7. citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      I am claustrophobic and HATE being locked in tiny places. Hate lifts - I am practically holding my breath until the door opens back up; I also don't like toilets that I can't get out of. Airplane toilets are the worst. I can't STAND being in them and have to have someone else stand outside to make sure I am okay.

8. Willie
      Shitfaced

Willie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/20/2010
      COCKROACHES OH GOD IT'S LIKE SATAN'S LITTLE MINIONS LMAO!
      Also snakes, snakes are pretty scary and disgusting in my opinion.

9. emmy2405
      Snaphappy

emmy2405 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Genetic/Audio Damage
      Spiders.......absolutely terrified of them. Even the little ones....!! :cry:

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    10. Fish
      Balanced

Fish Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2012
      They are terrified of you too :( You have only two legs!

11. Valentin

Valentin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/08/2013
      Not that i know of, i do have vertigos btw

12. DanielJP
      Curious

DanielJP Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      I have something called selachophobia. Just looked it up ;) It's a fear of sharks. I think I saw jaws when I was too young. It's a fearful fascination.. And I tried to overcome it once by swimming in a reef shark area. Saw two of them, got terrified and almost ran out of the water. :nailbiting:

I'll never do that again. o_O

13. Miss lavender

Miss lavender Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/01/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus
      I am claustrophobic. Cannot ever drive through/ under a tunnel, must always drive the long way around. Cannot go in the loop when going on a train. Also the fear of getting old and not being there for my children.

14. derpytia
      Pooptoast

derpytia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014 (many increases since then)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Progressive hearing loss / noise / ETD
      Spiders. Spiders and those gigantic mosquito things that show up in the summer. But mostly spiders.

15. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      My sister is claustrophobic...Mine is spiders haha. Sorry to hear she suffers, hope she gets better. And yeah, heights are scary!

16. Brianna
      No Mood

Brianna Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No clue - too many causes.
      The closest thing I have to a phobia is the fear of going to bed at night because I have to remove my implant and I have a fear of putting on my cochlear implant. Bear with me. I can deal with spiders, heights (no bungy jumping these days but it would be fun), snakes, rats, and etc. But going to bed means removing my cochlear implant and being semi-crushed with tinnitus + the discomfort from the odd but necessary way the implant was surgically screwed into my head with the other crap that had to be atypically done as a result of the surgery. It ties into my being not at ease putting the implant on (uses a couple of small magnets) because over a short period of time, the pain level (it is not discomfort but pain) grows tremendously. I had it off for 3/4 of waking hours yesterday ... couldn't tolerate it anymore. This meant blasting tinnitus. Knowing pain will happen that's not preventable = fear and phobia.

I don't obsess about this and I have no fear of anything else. Call this strange phobias (an irrational fear ... these really aren't irrational) and it's out of the ordinary but, so am I.

17. vasil

vasil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2014
      Phobias have me.

• Funny Funny x 1
    18. nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      I used to have spider phobia ... as an 8 year old they put me on retaline ... it gave me phobias and also I started to see shadows on the walls in my room ... pretty crazy stuff ... i would get into catatonic states when I saw spiders as a kid.

Now it`s all over - i pick up a huntsman with my hands ...

But i`m starting to develop a bit of agoraphobia at the moment ... get very uneasy in public spaces - but that is linked to my tinnitus because i just can not escape inside myself from the massive amount of sensory input.

19. Pesty Wadoo
      Lucky

Pesty Wadoo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Have no clue..
      I hate escalators... Going down is doable.. Up forget it...I have to have someone behind me.. I feel like I am going to fall backwards....Driving down steep hills bothers me also...we just retired to Tennessee from flat Michigan and driving here is very stressful for me...also have agoraphobia... Wide open spaces make me feel off balance, like a big empty building or say a gym standing in the middle...If I have something to hold onto it's better...I get a shopping cart even If I get two items in stores...my tinnitus is loud buzzing and high pitched... It is very debilitating to feel this way...

20. Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress
      Government. Getting a letter from the state or federal government causes me to break out in cold chills and I get very anxious.

Also, crowds. I've never felt comfortable in large gatherings. I'm a hermit at heart--it seems to run in my family. We'd all be recluses if it was possible. It's not, of course, I have to go to work and I have to be with people but I'm happiest with my spouse, family and close friends--but not all together.

21. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Horses. I got kicked when I was a kid and have been scared s!&tless of them ever since. I always think they're going to attack me and feel totally out of control when I ride them. Which I rarely do.

Oh and I'm phobic about that horrible test ENTs do when they snake that incredibly long scope up your nose and down your throat. I have to take a Xanax before I'll let them near me.