Does Water Exposure to Ears Exacerbate the Tinnitus...? And Do You Use Earplugs in the Shower etc?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bobbie7, Feb 22, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Bobbie7
      Wishful

Bobbie7 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Extreme stress, sinus infection
      I am wondering whether water exposure to my ears would worsen my T. In the past I had washed my hair in the shower and gotten my ears wet and now am hesitant to do so. I now wash my hair in the large kitchen sink I have but still, it is impossible not to get some water in. It seems these days (many months actually) I am second-guessing everything I do... wondering what might make the T worse.

Do most here have any issues with water and do you place ear plugs in your ears when taking a shower and washing your hair, whether in the shower or in the sink? By the way, recently I softened my ear plugs and placed them in.. they were not in correctly.. so I redid it and afterward my ears hurt! I didn't place them in too far but it seems everything I do creates some degree of sensitivity. It seems every appliance is also an enemy --- my noisy refrigerator, my new photo scanner, a simple timer, the microwave signaling when time is up, the passing ambulance and fire engine... these latter two I hear from the ground floor. I cannot say I have full-blown H but I have always been somewhat sensitive to noise.

Wishing all a peaceful day, if possible.

2. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Ear drum protects you from water. Water in the ear isn't harmful. I don't use earplugs in shower or when swimming.