Don't Stay in the Quiet Environment

Discussion in 'Support' started by victoria9273, Sep 16, 2017.

1. victoria9273
      Amused

victoria9273 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hyperacusis since 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Use of earbuds
      Hyperacusis can be at least partially cured. The only thing that makes the condition worse is the fear and anxiety and therefore listening to everything at a bearably audible volume. This only worsens the condition.

Don't just try to listen to noisies or sounds passively. It won't do at all. It takes a 'concscious effort' to get better. Feeling painful at just a small sound like papers brushing or something falling is not normal and these kinds of things and their cause should be taken into considerations.

Start with raising the volume of the TV and the music you hear. The sound can be overtime adjusted to you of course.
      Always turn the tv on whether you are watching or not. If possible, connect to the pc or get an access to the YouTube and listen to those white noises people posted; there are many, such as rain, restaurant, library sounds etc.

Don't use earplugs unless you want your brain and ears to be adjusted to that muffled sound. Wear it if necessary but pull them off immediately when it is not needed. Your ears should be adjusted to those sounds, just like every people does and you did in the past. If necessary, fold the flaps(what is the name?) with your finger.

Think how many people expose themselves to loud noises. There are people going to the cinema everytime they can. Bus drivers are many times exposed to the sound of the engine and people working in kindergarten or with kids hear those kids shouting everyday. Pianist or students practice the instrument 6 hours a day and don't complain of their ears except a few.

I'm not saying that doing all these cures your hyperacusis perfectly or that you should do the same like the people I have mentioned above. But doing what I said earlier you can feel no pain or uncomfortableness watching tv or doing house chores.

Don't be scared and act accordingly. It's only that that makes the symptom worse. And it won't hurt more than you already are. Your ears should listen to certain loud sound and shouldn't feel pain or ringing in your ears. And that kind of adjustment of sound should be your only goal. I am saying this because I have evidences in my experience that mental condition plays many part in your hyperacusis. Normal people or not, ears are the most prone part of the body to stresses.

If you don't know what to do, just use your common sense. What would other people would do and feel? What would you have done when you were fine?

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1