Ear Infection and Hearing Loss

Discussion in 'Support' started by ASD, Dec 19, 2014.

1. ASD

ASD Member

HI 19aug 2014 early morning woke up with T, Upon visiting ENT, found out has ear infection...after a audiogram it was seen i suffred from Sudden hearing loss...-65Db at4 Khz and -55Db at 8Khz( Notch like...surprisingly it is seen in Noise induced hearing loss)....anyways over the period of 4 months the Hearing loss stands like this -25Db t 4Khz ( Improved by 40 Dbs) and -45Db at 8Khz( Improved by 10 Dbs)..i can clearly hear the difference in hearing...The hyperacusis is also lowered considerably...but still there..T volume seems to have lowered as well...
      My question is 1) How long does it take for Inner ear inflammation to go away.2) As the Inflammation goes away hearing also improves?3) In such cases Reduction in Hyperacusis and Inflammation are co related?

Kindly help me out with your views and opinions!!

Regards
      ASD

2. OddV
      Assassinator

OddV Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      Hi @ASD, I got my T on 22 Sept 2014 due to an ear infection, so I'm going to be watching this thread with interest. Based on my understanding, it's just a wait and see game... it might get better or the virus might have eaten some of your inner ear cells causing the T.

I didn't get to see the ENT until week 2, but the first week, doing my own hearing test, I had a notch around 6,800 kHz that has since improved, it's the one that's up between 8,000 and 10,000 where I have a slope that I'm hoping will resolve, but from what I've read, the higher the frequency, the longer it might take to heal if it ever does.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ASD

ASD Member

Hey Oddv where did u check your hearing online? did u get an audiogram ?

4. OddV
      Assassinator

OddV Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      I checked it at http://www.audionotch.com/app/tune/, it wasn't really a hearing test, I was just checking initially to see where my T was, I later understood that where I got RI with the T was probably where my hearing loss was. I still have a small notch at 6,800, but I don't get RI there anymore.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ASD

ASD Member

@Dr.Nagler would u be able to help me out with my questions on ear infection and audiograms!

regards

6. OddV
      Assassinator

OddV Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection