Ear Infection + Eardrum Perforated and... Tinnitus!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by cameovan, Aug 19, 2015.

1. cameovan

cameovan Member

Hi, I'm new here, don't know how the forum works, I'm here because I have been living with hearing loss in one ear (right ear) and Tinnitus on the left ear.

But after this weekend, I am a bit worried because I got a virus, and turned into an ear infection that made my left ear infected and a perforation in the eardrum. This is the second time I get a perforated eardrum, my first time I was very young, and it happened in my right ear (which resulted a severe hearing loss).
      To make it shorter, the good ear, -meaning the left ear -, is now in trouble, I went to the ENT on Monday, prescribed me Amoxicillin, and nothing more, I can feel my ears clearing up, yesterday it was almost perfect I was beginning to hear something better than before, and then suddenly after I started taking again the flu medicines and antibiotics, I felt an enormous pressure in my head, and ringing in the ears, I went to sleep and today I woke up with a ringing in the ear, I can hardly hear, I am so disappointed I don't know what happened!. The ringing in the ear is almost unbearable 8/10.
      As a person that have lived with Tinnitus for so long and hearing loss this new thing is getting me anxious, and I feel that where I live the doctors are a joke, compared to the other treatments I received while I was back home.

One more thing, I am traveling in September, I don't know what to do.

Hope everyone is ok and sorry for the long post.

V

2. lotte

lotte Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      @cameovan I am wondering how you are going? I have sinusitis and perforated eardrum and my usually mild tinnitus is crazy loud now in that ear. Wondering if T has settled down for you?