Ear Reacts to Fans with a Whooshing Sound and to Water with Crickets... Anyone Else Hear Either?

Discussion in 'Support' started by jlish, Sep 29, 2019.

1. jlish
      Jaded

jlish Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 28, 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      25 years of loud noise (who am I shittin'?)
      Hello!

I have had this tinnitus/hyperacusis/reactive tinnitus (whatever it is called) for two months now, most likely due to concerts/festivals in the same week. It has gotten better and worse at different points, and I am slowly learning how to manage. (Yes, I've been to doctors/audiologists and have an apt with an ENT.)

The ringing can often be fairly quiet when I am calm and in a quiet room. But if I am around normal noise and plug my ears, I hear them both ringing away.

The part that drives me crazy - fans send this swishing/wooshing sound in one ear, and loud water has this cricket/chirping sound to it.

I am trying to stimulate this ear at night with pink noise, and that feels like it helps.

Has anyone else experienced either of these noises? Did it go away? Any advice?

Thanks for your time.

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Sounds like TTTS (Tonic tensor tympani syndrome). Normally it goes away after about 6-12 months.

3. Phat Tuna

Phat Tuna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ultrasonic Scaler
      I have this now for about 2 months. How is yours doing?