Ear Tubes, Significant Relief

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by TomR451, Jul 18, 2016.

1. TomR451

TomR451 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don't know
      I'm a 63-year-old man with tinnitus for the last 25 years. However, two years ago the symptoms increased greatly . I connected this increase in severity to a single event. I had foolishly pressure washed my deck using a gasoline powered sprayer and did not use hearing protection or respiratory protection . Soon after two things occurred, my tinnitus increased severely and my allergies increased severely . I believe that the combination of a high decibel assault along with the inhalation of the atomization of years and years of pollen collection on my deck conspired with a "double whammy" if you will. The congestion in my head seriously increased the annoyance of my tinnitus . I started taking allergy shots and that seemed to help somewhat, but I believe the most effective relief came when my ENT placed a small tube in my right eardrum . Immediately I felt a pressure equalization in my inner ear. My hearing increased significantly and the predominance of my tinnitus decreased proportionally.

My tinnitus has not gone away, but it has decreased to the point that it is not significant. It has returned to a level thatI have been used to for 25 years and although still annoying at times it is livable. Hope this post is helpful to someone.

• Like Like x 3
      • Informative Informative x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. clindseynz

clindseynz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thanks for sharing