ENT Appointment — Do's and Don'ts... What to Ask?

Discussion in 'Support' started by calidude209, Mar 4, 2015.

1. calidude209

calidude209 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/24/2014
      So I finally have ent appointment on Thursday.i was wondering what are the do's and don't do? Only thing I can think of to ask him is "how much damage have I done to my ears?" And if he says there needs to be earwax cleaning.i should tell him to do it manually? Any advice would be helpful :)

2. Kevin08
      Balanced

Kevin08 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection
      Ask to have the audiogram explained to you, I found that both of my ETs spoke very generally about this unless pressed.

3. walkthroughwalls

walkthroughwalls Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      You'll likely be asked to give of short history of your life/events leading up to T. Make sure you'll cover everything, but don't waste time.
      Ask for (likely) possible causes; future scans/tests that might lead to something; and advice on what's harmful or helpful in your daily life.

You may want to make a list of things you want to tell and questions you have. Make sure you get all your questions answered.

The only real "don't" I can think of, is to ask too little and regret it later.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calidude209

calidude209 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/24/2014
      sorry its been a while.the ent guy told me my tinnitus couldnt have happened if i was doing chainsaw,hammer inside the barn.he said it came back from the past.i told him when i was little(about 3-4) i turned up the stereo full volume but mom lowered it down asap.he said it could of came from that.he cleaned the inside of both ears.right ear had a good amount of earwax.he removed it with something that looked like crooked scissors.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calidude209

calidude209 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/24/2014
      now just went to the doctor for toe fungus and he told me to take terbinafine hcl.yup just got myself paranoid by reading the side effects paper that came with it.anybody taken this? will it mess with my t?